How great was October?
As an overall month, I don’t think it was bad. Seemed like there was a lot going on. The weather wasn’t bad in my part of the world. I battled a small cold for a few days.
Oh, and I took some photos!
I liked how this past month’s theme came out. It’s always nice when people seem to enjoy. And we had so many people participating again! THAT is awesome. I wonder if part of that is the interaction in the Facebook group? I hope so and I plan to keep that as interactive as possible. Maybe keeping people thinking about it helps.
On another note — for those of you who regular blog, too, my 20 Days of Chill Writing Challenge is coming up in January. Some information will be dropping on my blog soon.
But let’s get back to the photos. And November.
That means it’s time for a new challenge. A new theme. Some new excitement. Doesn’t it? I think so. So let’s move on and into November and see what it has in store for us. Let’s see if we can get a few more people to participate. I’m making this month’s theme a little more challenging — well, depending how you look at it — so let’s see what happens!
The theme is below. But before we get to that … let me remind you of some important items:
- I set up a Facebook group for those who are interested. Reminders and maybe some discussions or other things can be done there.
- If you haven’t already, attempt to check out everybody’s posts and consider commenting. These challenges are great for personal growth, but it’s also nice to be interactive with all the others in the challenge! That’s one of the best parts of this challenge — interacting and seeing other people’s work! And remember — I am in the challenge, too. Though I have the linkup, it’s nice to see what people think of those shots, too. I try and re-visit people’s posts a few weeks later, though, and it’s disheartning to see that they’ve only received a few comments. I know it can be hard sometimes, but do your best to actually visit and comment instead of just linking up.
Before we hit up this month’s theme, for new people, allow me to refresh the rules a bit.
Here’s how it will work.
- On the first of each month (or close to it), I’ll have a blog post here with the theme for the month.
- Over the course of the month, participants will take photos with their interpretation of the theme. On the last day of the month (or close to it), participants should publish their blog post, which will include five photos from the month. (please don’t recycle photos from the past … the idea is to hopefully challenge you to go out and take new photos each month to interpret the theme). And please only use photos you took.
- I’ll have a link-up thing at the end of my post so people can come and post the links to their posts so, hopefully, everybody can go go check out and comment on other posts.
There is no rule on equipment or anything. Use a cell phone. Use film. Use a point-and-shoot. Use a DSLR. It doesn’t matter. Just make sure you publish your blog post on the last day of each month, come here and link up.
Your blog posts can be as simple or as in-depth as you want. I’ll likely talk a little about each photo. But if all you want to do is post photos, feel free. The idea of this is to give a small challenge and give everybody a chance to express themselves with photography, participate in a challenge and have something to blog about.
That’s it. Easy, right? So join in! Help us continue to grow this challenge by telling fellow bloggers/photographers about the challenge and hopefully it can become a great monthly thing!
For those still with me, this month’s theme is: Morning. Interpret as you see fit. I have a few ideas in my head, but I’m going to try and keep myself open with ideas. I look forward to seeing what others think.
Let’s see what you have for this one! And let’s see if we can get some others interested in joining us! Pass along the word!
Please make sure your blog post publishes Monday, November 30. Then come back here and link up.
If you think you are going to take part in this, drop a comment below so we can see who all might be trying to tackle this challenge!
History of the challenge (past month’s themes – links to see everybody else’s posts are at the end of the linked post):
- March 2013: My World
- April 2013: Transportation
- May 2013: Night
- June 2013: Bridges
- July 2013: Signs
- August 2013: Summer
- September 2013: Outdoors
- October 2013: Fall
- November 2013: People
- December 2013: Festive
- January 2014: New
- February 2014: Red
- March 2014: One
- April 2014: Smile
- May 2014: Fun
- June 2014: Vehicles
- July 2014: Baseball
- August 2014: Colorful
- September 2014: Black and White
- October 2014: Photographer’s Choice
- November 2014: Where the streets have no name
- December 2014: ‘Tis the season
- January 2015: Games
- February 2015: Winter
- March 2015: Two
- April 2015: Friends and Family
- May 2015: Spring
- June: Anything goes
- July: Patriotic
- August: Rule of Thirds
- September: Happy
- October: Closeup
- November: Morning
Feel free to leave a comment, or e-mail P.J. at firstname.lastname@example.org. Also, please “Like” HooHaa Blog on Facebook!