Can you believe a month is already in the books for 2015?
And depending on where you are, the weather may or may have not been so great this month. In my part of the world, it’s been pretty cold all month, with the exception of a day here or there. Even then, it was still cold. It just didn’t feel it as much.
But it’s always good to get outside, even when a tad chilly, to get some fresh air and get out and about. Now, I’m not condoning you stay out in frigid weather all day, but you get the point.
So how about getting out with the camera?
Some of us might have issues with this theme and have to really get creative because, well, it might not be this where you are. Well, technically maybe. But the reality of where you are can make it tougher.
I hope you’ve all had a fine first month of 2015 and I hope the next 11 are just as good or better. Get out and snap some photos and do some blogging when you can. Enjoy life from both sides of the lens!
The theme is below. But before we get to that … let me remind you of some important items:
- I set up a Facebook group for those who are interested. Reminders and maybe some discussions or other things can be done there.
- If you haven’t already, attempt to check out everybody’s posts and consider commenting. These challenges are great for personal growth, but it’s also nice to be interactive with all the others in the challenge! That’s one of the best parts of this challenge — interacting and seeing other people’s work!
Before we hit up this month’s theme, for new people, allow me to refresh the rules a bit.
Here’s how it will work.
- On the first of each month (or close to it), I’ll have a blog post here with the theme for the month.
- Over the course of the month, participants will take photos with their interpretation of the theme. On the last day of the month (or close to it), participants should publish their blog post, which will include five photos from the month. (please don’t recycle photos from the past … the idea is to hopefully challenge you to go out and take new photos each month to interpret the theme). And please only use photos you took.
- I’ll have a link-up thing at the end of my post so people can come and post the links to their posts so, hopefully, everybody can go go check out and comment on other posts.
There is no rule on equipment or anything. Use a cell phone. Use film. Use a point-and-shoot. Use a DSLR. It doesn’t matter. Just make sure you publish your blog post on the last day of each month, come here and link up.
Your blog posts can be as simple or as in-depth as you want. I’ll likely talk a little about each photo. But if all you want to do is post photos, feel free. The idea of this is to give a small challenge and give everybody a chance to express themselves with photography, participate in a challenge and have something to blog about.
That’s it. Easy, right? So join in! Help us continue to grow this challenge by telling fellow bloggers/photographers about the challenge and hopefully it can become a great monthly thing!
For those still with me, this month’s theme is: Winter I’ll be excited to see what people can come up with. I’m already thinking! (I realize winter in parts of the world is different… so interpret as you see fit here… it can be anything associated with winter, so have fun with it!)
Let’s see what you have for this one! And let’s see if we can get some others interested in joining us! Pass along the word!
Please make sure your blog post publishes Saturday, February 28. Then come back here and link up.
If you think you are going to take part in this, drop a comment below so we can see who all might be trying to tackle this challenge!
History of the challenge (past month’s themes – links to see everybody else’s posts are at the end of the linked post):
- March 2013: My World
- April 2013: Transportation
- May 2013: Night
- June 2013: Bridges
- July 2013: Signs
- August 2013: Summer
- September 2013: Outdoors
- October 2013: Fall
- November 2013: People
- December 2013: Festive
- January 2014: New
- February 2014: Red
- March 2014: One
- April 2014: Smile
- May 2014: Fun
- June 2014: Vehicles
- July 2014: Baseball
- August 2014: Colorful
- September 2014: Black and White
- October 2014: Photographer’s Choice
- November 2014: Where the streets have no name
- December 2014: ‘Tis the season
- January 2015: Games
- February 2015: Winter
- March 2015: TBA (our two-year anniversary!)
Feel free to leave a comment, or e-mail P.J. at email@example.com. Also, please “Like” HooHaa Blog on Facebook!
Paul Myers says
I shall endeavor to do a better job on this one than the last one.
No writing challenge to compete with it this month!
I’ll be a bit late linking up this month, but will he there with boots on!
I always try and make sure there are four or five days after the linkup for people to come back and put their link there, or come see others etc!
Thank you PJ. I will do my best to capture the theme. Kindest Regards Cheryle
Welcome to the challenge! I hope you enjoy!
Peter Vanderhoof says
Hi P.J. Looks like fun, I live in Los Angeles so “Winter” might be a bit challenging. But storms have been coming in. See what I can get. Thanks for the effort to make these challenges.
It’s always nice to see new people join the challenge, so please feel free to do so when you can!
Hey – can I join PBC? How do I join starting from April?
When the April theme is announced, just take the photos and then come back at the end of the month and link your blog post!