OK, despite a small snafu, another month is in the books.
And another month is coming at you!
First, a job well done to those who participated last month. For those who did and haven’t posted, you still have some time to do so! So go get it done!
I have liked how people have interpreted the themes so far, too. It’s nice to see some outside-the-box thinking. I need to do that a bit more, too.
Finally, I apologize for not sending last month’s reminder. With work, battling a nasty cold and the end of softball season… well, it slipped my mind. Hopefully I remember this month.
If you know some people who might enjoy doing this, please pass it along!
As a reminder of a few things, let me copy and paste this from last month:
- I have an e-mail reminder list set up. Basically, I’ll e-mail the group with about 10 days left in the month to remind you. When I remember, I’ll also shoot one out the day before the end of the month, as a reminder to post the following day. I can’t always guarantee that one though! If you are not on the list, let me know in the comments below that you would like to be on it.
- Second, I set up a Facebook group for those who are interested. Reminders and maybe some discussions or other things can be done there.
- If you haven’t already, attempt to check out everybody’s posts and consider commenting. These challenges are great for personal growth, but it’s also nice to be interactive with all the others in the challenge!
If you have done Julys post but haven’t linked up yet, it’s up for another day or so.
Before we hit up this month’s theme, for new people, allow me to refresh the rules a bit.
Here’s how it will work.
- On the first of each month, I’ll have a blog post here with the theme for the month.
- Over the course of the month, participants will take photos with their interpretation of the theme. On the last day of the month, participants should publish their blog post, which will include five photos from the month. (please don’t recycle photos from the past … the idea is to hopefully challenge you to go out and take new photos each month to interpret the theme). And please only use photos you took.
- I’ll have a link-up thing at the end of my post so people can come and post the links to their posts so, hopefully, everybody can go go check out and comment on other posts.
There is no rule on equipment or anything. Use a cell phone. Use film. Use a point-and-shoot. Use a DSLR. It doesn’t matter. Just make sure you publish your blog post on the last day of each month, come here and link up.
Your blog posts can be as simple or as in-depth as you want. I’ll likely talk a little about each photo. But if all you want to do is post photos, feel free. The idea of this is to give a small challenge and give everybody a chance to express themselves with photography, participate in a challenge and have something to blog about.
That’s it. Easy, right? So join in! Help us continue to grow this challenge by telling fellow bloggers/photographers about the challenge and hopefully it can become a great monthly thing!
For those still with me, this month’s theme is: Summer.
I’m pretty sure most people who have participated are in the summer months — and if you’re not, well, insert your season here!
Please make sure your blog post publishes Friday, August 30 (Yes, I know there are 31 days in August… but Saturdays on my blog are booked and I’d rather have these post on a Friday than a Sunday!)
If you think you are going to take part in this, drop a comment below so we can see who all might be trying to tackle this challenge!
Feel free to leave a comment, or e-mail P.J. at firstname.lastname@example.org. Also, please “Like” HooHaa Blog on Facebook!