Oh to be showered with awards.
During my professional career, I’ve won several awards. And though those are fantastic for the resume and career, this one may take the cake. You see, I’ve received this fantastic blog award. And not only does it come to grace and be on my blog, but from another blogger.
Ahhh, the price of being famous.
Crap. You caught me. Maybe it’s not the top blogging award, but it’s something!
I don’t know if many of you know, but as with any other medium, there are many blogger awards out there. Some are more famous than others. That being said, the majority of blogs will never win these awards (and reap the benefits of a bump in readers). So many bloggers award each other these awards.
Personally, I think that’s cool as can be.
It’s nice to know you are appreciated and/or liked among your readers/friends/co-bloggers.
The above award was given to me by Jonna over at Tattooed Mommie. She’s got a really interesting take on this world and is worth the read.
Alas, having these awards has a price. So allow me to follow the rules a bit!
Thank the person that nominated you, and give them a shout out on your blog with a link to theirs.
I have linked Jonna above and without a doubt thank her for thinking of my blog with this award. I’ve known Jonna in the online realm for a couple of years and have enjoyed reading her blog(s). She was also a participant in the inaugural HooHaa TB Race (geocaching).
Share 7 random facts about yourself.
- I don’t like sharing random things about myself on the internet
- I once had the chance to become a photographer at a newspaper, but stayed as a writer because I didn’t want my love of photography to go away.
- I collect baseball cards.
- Sports photography is my favorite type of photography, followed by waterfalls, covered bridges and people.
- He’s been gone for four and a half years and not a day goes by that something doesn’t remind me of my father.
- Rattling the chains on a 20-plus foot putt might be the coolest sound in all of sports (disc golf).
- Watching baseball live is one of my greatest pleasures.
Send on the award to 15 other bloggers whose blog you love and appreciate and then let them know they won the award.
To be fair, though I probably easily read more than 15 bloggers during the course of a week, I’m not sure I have 15 bloggers who fit the versatile portion of this. If I read the idea of the award, it means that the blogs are more wide-ranged etc. So, I’m going to nominate a few people here and let them know, though I might be stretching the versatile thing a bit…
- Christelle — who gives you a cool look at living in Northern Quebec and life in general.
- LaurenChanting — Many different topics!
- Naked Girl in a Dress — Get your mind out of the gutter, boys, it’s not what you think. But it’s good writing!
- Scratch-made Wife — Though mainly a foodie blog, it’s versatile because Meghan talks about life and other things as well.
- James daSilva — Some sports, some editing and some learning.
- Are you flowin’? — A fun read!
- ErikaJean — Geocaching, crafts, life and anything in between!
- Out and About with the GeoKs — Outdoors and doing so many things, from geocaching to photography!
In regard to versatile bloggers, that’s all I have right now. I hope I’m not forgetting somebody! Feel free to follow suit and blog about this (or don’t, up to you!), but these are some of my favorites!
Thanks again to Jonna. This made for a fun blog post today! And now to make sure the others know all about their award…
Feel free to leave a comment, or e-mail P.J. at hoohaablog [at] gmail.com. Also, please “Like” HooHaa Blog on Facebook by clicking the button on the right side of the page!