It seems like these months go faster and faster.
And that’s not cool. I mean, 2018 just started it seems and we’re already done with one month! So hopefully it will slow down a bit.
Maybe we’ll all have a chance to sit back and enjoy what’s out there.
We’re also approaching the end of the fourth year of this challenge. So as we “flip the calendar” soon of the challenge, it would be nice to find ways to get more people involved. If you have blogging friends, let them know about it!
With that in mind, I’ll keep our three challenges up for another month or two. And if you like other blog challenges, there are more coming up. You can also earn a “pathtag” if you complete a certain amount of them.
Challenge 1: Tell others about this photo blogging challenge and get some friends to come join us. Let’s see if we can get people interested in the challenge again.
Challenge 2: Make friends with your camera and see what you can come up with. Have fun!
Challenge 3 is at the end of this post (the theme!).
Before this, here’s come housekeeping items.
Here’s how it works.
- See the theme (first day of the month);
- Take photos throughout the month (don’t use old ones!);
- Select five photos and create a blog post;
- Come back here and link up on the final day of the month;
- Use the official hashtag — #Photoblogchal — on social media posts;
- Hopefully go visit and comment on other blogs.
That’s it. There’s no rules on equipment or anything else. Blog posts can be short and to the point, or in-depth. Interpret the themes as you see fit.
The one big rule?
This month’s theme? Simple. This will be very open to interpretation, so it will be interesting to see what everybody comes up with. Please make sure your blog post publishes Wednesday, February 28. Then come back here and link up.
If you think you are going to take part in this, drop a comment below so we can see who all might be trying to tackle this challenge!
There is also a Facebook group for those who are interested.
History of the challenge (past month’s themes – links to see everybody else’s posts are at the end of the linked post):
- March 2013: My World
- April 2013: Transportation
- May 2013: Night
- June 2013: Bridges
- July 2013: Signs
- August 2013: Summer
- September 2013: Outdoors
- October 2013: Fall
- November 2013: People
- December 2013: Festive
- January 2014: New
- February 2014: Red
- March 2014: One
- April 2014: Smile
- May 2014: Fun
- June 2014: Vehicles
- July 2014: Baseball
- August 2014: Colorful
- September 2014: Black and White
- October 2014: Photographer’s Choice
- November 2014: Where the streets have no name
- December 2014: ‘Tis the season
- January 2015: Games
- February 2015: Winter
- March 2015: Two
- April 2015: Friends and Family
- May 2015: Spring
- June 2015: Anything goes
- July 2015: Patriotic
- August 2015: Rule of Thirds
- September 2015: Happy
- October 2015: Closeup
- November 2015: Morning
- December 2015: Holiday
- January 2016: Inside
- February 2016: Leap
- March 2016: Three
- April 2016: Vibrant
- May 2016: Outside the box
- June 2016: Baseball
- July 2016: Photographer’s Choice
- August 2016: Black and White
- September 2016: Your town/city
- October 2016: Water
- November 2016: Thanks
- December 2016: ‘Tis the Season
- January 2017: Express yourself
- February 2017: Love
- March 2017: Four
- April 2017: Color
- May 2017: Look up
- June 2017: Different camera/lens
- July 2017: Point of View
- August 2017: Summer fun
- September 2017: Selfie
- October 2017: Photographer’s Choice
- November 2017: Blue
- December 2017: Holly Jolly
- January 2018: Legos
Feel free to leave a comment, or e-mail P.J. at firstname.lastname@example.org. Also, please “Like” A ‘lil HooHaa on Facebook! You can also follow me on Twitter @softball29!
Valerie Newman says
I have wanted to participate in this challenge forever. Maybe see you on the 28th. Simple
Can you post the link for the February 4- Story Cube. Thanks
I’m all for simple right about now!