With the four-year anniversary of this challenge in the books, it’s time to get back to business.
Like, the rest of the year and themes and everything else.
It’s been a little bit since we had a pretty wide-open and semi-easy theme, so I thought this would be a good month to do so. As the seasons change, hopefully this theme will resonate with everybody and we can get some fun and cool photos to look at.
What I really like, though, is how this theme can be interpreted. You could go really basic, or you could look to really do something interesting. So let’s see what everybody has.
Before that, though, two things — go check the others who have posted for March and visit their blogs and hopefully comment (I need to visit all still, too!). And two … I always have some housekeeping things:
Here’s how it works.
- See the theme (first day of the month);
- Take photos throughout the month (don’t use old ones!);
- Select five photos and create a blog post;
- Come back here and link up on the final day of the month;
- Use the official hashtag — #Photoblogchal — on social media posts;
- Hopefully go visit and comment on other blogs.
That’s it. There’s no rules on equipment or anything else. Blog posts can be short and to the point, or in-depth. Interpret the themes as you see fit.
The one big rule?
This month’s theme? Color. This should be an interesting theme. Have some fun with this one and interpret it as you see fit. If you know others who might enjoy this challenge, pass it along. Please make sure your blog post publishes Sunday, April 30. Then come back here and link up.
If you think you are going to take part in this, drop a comment below so we can see who all might be trying to tackle this challenge!
There is also a Facebook group for those who are interested.
History of the challenge (past month’s themes – links to see everybody else’s posts are at the end of the linked post):
- March 2013: My World
- April 2013: Transportation
- May 2013: Night
- June 2013: Bridges
- July 2013: Signs
- August 2013: Summer
- September 2013: Outdoors
- October 2013: Fall
- November 2013: People
- December 2013: Festive
- January 2014: New
- February 2014: Red
- March 2014: One
- April 2014: Smile
- May 2014: Fun
- June 2014: Vehicles
- July 2014: Baseball
- August 2014: Colorful
- September 2014: Black and White
- October 2014: Photographer’s Choice
- November 2014: Where the streets have no name
- December 2014: ‘Tis the season
- January 2015: Games
- February 2015: Winter
- March 2015: Two
- April 2015: Friends and Family
- May 2015: Spring
- June: Anything goes
- July: Patriotic
- August: Rule of Thirds
- September: Happy
- October: Closeup
- November: Morning
- December: Holiday
- January: Inside
- February: Leap
- March: Three
- April: Vibrant
- May: Outside the box
- June 2016: Baseball
- July 2016: Photographer’s Choice
- August 2016: Black and White
- September 2016: Your town/city
- October 2016: Water
- November 2016: Thanks
- December 2016: ‘Tis the Season
- January 2017: Express yourself
- February 2017: Love
- March 2017: Four