I’ll have some items over the coming days, especially about the past few days (shooting and being at the county fair, geocaching event etc.), but I wanted to do some quick hits as an update.
- Today (Sunday) was the one-year anniversary of my father’s death. I put a little bit of a different tribute photo of him up on my photo blog. The day wasn’t bad. Had dinner with my mother. I went to the cemetery. I had the day off, too, which was nice so I could kind of just do my thing and not rush. It wasn’t bad, but it still sucks he’s gone.
- Went to the NYGO (New York Geocaching Organization) picnic Saturday and had a blast. We got there a little late, however as we started the day in Watkins Glen State Park and I did some waterfall photography. Look for those images in the coming days/weeks on my photo blog, too. There were lots of people there, as you can see:
- I hadn’t been to our county fair in a bunch of years. I had Friday off (a nice, three-day weekend), so I went down for the afternoon and was planning to make it a photo day. I did a bunch of shooting of the fair, the afternoon demolition derby and other things. Funny about the fair though — you can’t seem to go more than 10 feet without running into someone you know.
- Watkins Glen is a great state park. The waterfalls are amazing. The trip from top to bottom is a 1 1/2-mile trek. I will definitely have more info on this hike this coming week. I think next year, as long as I’m still in New York, I’ll be investing in an Empire State Pass, which gets you into every state park for free.
- The good thing about the past few days, as well as last weekend’s trip to New York City, is that I have so many photos for my photo blog that I won’t be running out any time soon. Hopefully I’ll keep up the pace of getting more and more photographs as the few months I ignored my camera, I really missed it. Glad I’m getting back into it more.
I’ll have more in the coming days on some of these items.