Photo Blogging Challenge: June 2017’s theme is …
May is in the books and I hope all of you have things looking up!
And sorry for the delay on this post … I thought I had it auto scheduled. Turns out, maybe I didn’t.
Anyway, a day late is OK to deal with … we have the whole month to take photos, right? This month’s theme is a bit open-ended, too, which makes it even better. This is also one I am looking forward to seeing what the group comes up with.
The beauty of photography, right?
I’ll be making my rounds soon enough to see everybody’s shots from May. I briefly looked at a few and liked what I saw. Can’t wait to see the rest!
So, shall we get on with June?
Before that, though, two things — go check the others who have posted for April and visit their blogs and hopefully comment. And two … I always have some housekeeping things:
Here’s how it works.
- See the theme (first day of the month);
- Take photos throughout the month (don’t use old ones!);
- Select five photos and create a blog post;
- Come back here and link up on the final day of the month;
- Use the official hashtag — #Photoblogchal — on social media posts;
- Hopefully go visit and comment on other blogs.
That’s it. There’s no rules on equipment or anything else. Blog posts can be short and to the point, or in-depth. Interpret the themes as you see fit.
The one big rule?
This month’s theme? Different lens/Camera. This should be an interesting theme. Have some fun with this one and interpret it as you see fit. Try to stay away from the lenses you usually use. Or if you use point and shoots/phones, try something different. Maybe an old-school type of an app (such as Hipstamatic) or something along those lines. If you know others who might enjoy this challenge, pass it along. Please make sure your blog post publishes Friday, June 30. Then come back here and link up.
If you think you are going to take part in this, drop a comment below so we can see who all might be trying to tackle this challenge!
There is also a Facebook group for those who are interested.
History of the challenge (past month’s themes – links to see everybody else’s posts are at the end of the linked post):
- March 2013: My World
- April 2013: Transportation
- May 2013: Night
- June 2013: Bridges
- July 2013: Signs
- August 2013: Summer
- September 2013: Outdoors
- October 2013: Fall
- November 2013: People
- December 2013: Festive
- January 2014: New
- February 2014: Red
- March 2014: One
- April 2014: Smile
- May 2014: Fun
- June 2014: Vehicles
- July 2014: Baseball
- August 2014: Colorful
- September 2014: Black and White
- October 2014: Photographer’s Choice
- November 2014: Where the streets have no name
- December 2014: ‘Tis the season
- January 2015: Games
- February 2015: Winter
- March 2015: Two
- April 2015: Friends and Family
- May 2015: Spring
- June 2015: Anything goes
- July 2015: Patriotic
- August 2015: Rule of Thirds
- September 2015: Happy
- October 2015: Closeup
- November 2015: Morning
- December 2015: Holiday
- January 2016: Inside
- February 2016: Leap
- March 2016: Three
- April 2016: Vibrant
- May 2016: Outside the box
- June 2016: Baseball
- July 2016: Photographer’s Choice
- August 2016: Black and White
- September 2016: Your town/city
- October 2016: Water
- November 2016: Thanks
- December 2016: ‘Tis the Season
- January 2017: Express yourself
- February 2017: Love
- March 2017: Four
- April 2017: Color
- May 2017: Look up